Quote Originally Posted by freakaccident View Post
So I have an Ender 3 with bltouch and other mods. I feel that I am at my wits end with this printer. It is a constant pain in my butt. I bought Simplify3d thinking that maybe the better support features that it has would help but I can't get this ender to print well with simplify3d.

IF I buy a really good printer like a Qidi Tech X-Max is my experience and attitude towards this going to totally change or will that printer be just as much of a a hassle to setup and keep printing?
With any 3D Printer you will learn that 3D Printing is not a simple as printing a document or picture from Microsoft Word.
This is a innovative hobby that is going to require lots more knowledge and setup that just print a document.

All 3D Printer can 3D Print models some like the Ender 3 just require more precise calibrations.
The Ender 3 has some eccentric nuts that have to be tightened correctly before it can function correctly.
Too tight an the Y carriage jams and gets stuck, too loose and the carriage wobbles all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5HJgIrgGXc

As for the Slicer any slicer should be able to slice a model for 3D Printing with really good results.

This is after the slicer has been configured/setup for your 3D Printer.