Close

Hybrid View

I have a Creality CR-10 v2 and a Qidi X-one2 and I live in Cleveland, Tennessee. I have a E3D V6 hot end that I need to install on the CR-10 v2 along with a steel nozzle. After that upgrade I'll be able to print in carbon fiber fill and polycarbonate. I would probably be able to do any fab work myself. I have a reasonably equipped workshop and my wife gladly joins in whenever I don't have the dexterity to complete a task. My condition isn't so bad that I have lost functionality completely, but I see the muscles in my hand tightening more and more each year and it has me somewhat concerned. Fiddly tasks can be unbelievably frustrating. Let me tell you how embarrassing a handshake can be when your fingers curl up inside the other person's hand. smh... I can certainly see how designing something like that would be difficult without having the patient present though. If it would help, I can take very detailed measurements of my hands with calipers. I've been watching some tutorial videos on Blender but oh boy is it complicated. I have made a few simple things with tinkercad, but it lacks the functionality that I would wind up needing to make something like this (Or maybe I just lack the talent). I've included an image of my hand to better illustrate what's going on. That's as open as I can get it without stretching it repeatedly. It' resume that shape as soon as I let go. Other than that and the atrophied appearance, it's fairly average in all regards. A lot ofpeople ask if I have rheumatoid arthritis since my knuckles appear swollen. I don't. No arthritis of any kind. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

20200218_203203.jpg
    Last edited by mushroombrew; 02-18-2020 at 07:49 PM.