Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    not that easily. But what you actually do is print it with maybe 15-25% infill and a thickish skin. so there is an internal matrix makes it very strong while still not using a lot of filament :-)Here's a hinged mould I made for use with pretty stiff clay, This is 1.5mm skin over 25% infill. Short of taking a hammer to it - you won't break this and it's designed to be used by hoary handed sons of odin - or 'slingers' as I call them :-)The only bit I don't print is the hinge - learnt by experience a printed hinge will break. So Now I use off the shelf steel hinges and these moulds will - probably - outlast the owners :-)Normally I use 15% infill for most things - but these I wanted to make strong :-)Oh yeah, my main go to printer is a cheap delta :-)

ok thank you

Just a couple more questions, about this printer that you suggested to me here: https://www.amazon.com/FLSUN-Pre-Assembled-Platform-Printing-%CF%86255X360mm/dp/B07GJQHZ3P/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=FLSUN+QQ-S&qid=1579520497&sr=8-2

does it have a dual extruder?

i remember online someone typed to me that if im getting a 3d printer it's important for it to have that. just wanted to double check

Also, is there a way of knowing how much filament you need to print an object? is there a program that lets you know how much?
    Last edited by 3DPrintingNerd95; 01-21-2020 at 04:09 PM.