Close

Thread: glass ladybugs

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Ah - so maybe exercies your left brain a little :-)

The the video showed and experimental glass filled resin being sintered in a very expensive kiln.
    It's still experimental and still really bloody expensive.

3f printed bugs in a transparent pet filament (also comes in shades of transparency - a transparent red would look good) would look an awful lot better than paper mache.

So maybe exercise the left brain just a little and make you own - lots of existing designs to choose from. Hell if you use atransparent red, you'd just a litle black and white paint and a couple minutes to finish it off :-)
    At the moment 3d glass printed ladybugs will cost more than solid silver ones made by a left brain person :-)
    https://rigid.ink/blogs/news/how-to-...t-more-clearly

So maybe invest a couple hundred bucks in a cheap 3d printer, exercise your left hemisphere - just a little - and get the satisfaction from making your own bugs :-)

Like all your organs, your brain needs use - use it or lose it :-)

glass ladybugs

Hi curious; I watched the video, but that stuff is over my head. I just moved from Eugene OR to a small town and need time to meet new people . I hope to meet somebody who may be interested in my ladybug lady story and be willing to help me with that. Somebody more left brain who loves to learn the specifics of 3d printing. I'm presently working on other projects, in particular about Ubuntu-Contributionism, which means creating community. About the Sahara video: I remembered that there is a member of the mineral kingdom, called Fulgurite, that is created when lightning hits the desert sand. Isn't that interesting?