Close

Threaded View

About to buy a printer.

Hi, I have been reading through these forums as well as other sights. Trying to learn as much as I can about 3d printing before buying a unit. I have decided to get a 3d printer from Tenlog there TL-3D link below. https://www.tenlog3d.com/tenlog-tl-d...s-pla_p11.htmlI have talked to them by email and Skype and they have been helpful. I wanted to go with one of their larger TL-5D or the 6D, but shipping was $300. It is free on the TL-3D. I know I need to also buy a few things. But I am looking for a little help. I know I want to get a print bed and not print directly on the aluminum bed they offer. I have seen a few that are recommended, but I am looking for help in picking out the best bed. I want to be able to print in a few different materials, and it would be nice if the same bed worked for all of them. Nothing too exotic, maybe nylon, ABS, PLA, PVA, Wood ect... I know enclosed is better for ABS and Nylon, not sure how much I will print either, but I want the option. I would rather not mess with glue sticks or painters tape. I would rather spend the money and not have the prep work and time when I print.I will also want to buy a laser for laser cutting. is there any recommendations on that?I am sure I am missing some things, so If there are other things I should be buying to start off please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by ScotnEmily; 01-08-2020 at 07:55 AM. Reason: trying to fix formatting