Buying a 3D printer seems to be tricky for most - mainly inexperienced - people (there are several threads related, even one that I wrote myself). Indeed, when buying my first 3D printer - and even recently when needed to move to a large-bed device - I had a lot of doubts myself.

Choosing a reliable brand is never easy. Your experience is not uncommon. Before purchasing is always better searching and asking around (3D printing forums are a great place where you might get relevant feedback from 3D printing experts). There are too many manufacturers out there!

By looking around in the forum (searching for guide), I found this 3D printing buying guide: https://3dprint.com/251787/3d-printi...ng-guide-2019/

It suggests a bunch of 3D printers to buy sorted by price range. Whether you are seeking low-cost desktop 3D printers, midrange printer professional ones, there you can find some inspiration. The article has been written in 2019, so it might not include brand new printers, but it lists reliable devices.

Obviously, by searching for suggestions about buying a printer you'll get lots of results. There are lots of guides that include a list of resellers from where to buy hassle-free (All3DP always provide this kind of suggestion at the bottom of their reviews). They all assume that you know the basic specifications of a 3D printer. On the other side, this guide includes some useful explanations that will let you better understand the specs of an FDM printer and something about its components (kinematics, sizes, accuracy etc.).

However, we should all learn something about G3D systems after your experience.