Close

ALL things Makerbot Replicator 2x

Hi everyone - My name is DJJROCK im new here and just started printing to help start a new biz. I Own a makerbot 2x and plan on picking up another unit (not sure what one yet)at some point . but ive been haven all kinds of issues from fillament feeding to warping.. to extruder not heating up properly exc. Iwanted to start this thread to help me and other discuss the rep 2x. im haven a hard time finding any info on this unit specificly from users like my self. most refrence the 2 not the 2x and they are 2 different units in how they were built and perform and act.

so if anyone owns a rep 2x please share ur experences and tipand stuff here as i could use all the info i could get at this point. Thx! DJ

OH AND IF THIS IS NOT IN THE RIGHT SPOT..PLEASE MOVE IT ,,AS IM NEW HERE.

i also just picked up another unit that is very similar to the 2x it actually uses the scripting from the makerbot,, and the setting for a dual. its half the cost and works just as good . micro center just started to sell them. ive only done one print,, the print printed well,,but im haven a hellova time getting it off the plate. any good ideas, never had one so stuck?

Well if you have a heated bed, simple set it to 70c for PLA, get some hairspray, spray a bit and just let it print,

Afterwards let the heated bed cooldown to room temprature and it will pop off as it will crimp a little bit.

thx for the reply DrLuigi, i do have a heated bedplate on both units. But im using ABS. does the hairspray work with abs?
    any and all tips i can get would be helpful... im haven a hard time getting anything to print on both units, on the abs wont stick well, and ive done all the normal fixs like turn up the buildplate,, get it closer to the extruders, change out the klapton tape...and for some reason it just wont stick its like the fillament is coated with oil...? the other unit it prints,, and sometimes fairly well but the 2 major problems im haven are 1 the extruder stops feeding in the middle of a print,, ive leveled the build plate over and over,, and the fillament still gets stuck in the middle of a print,, ive contacted maker bot about this,, they basicly told me to clean my unit.....WHAT?!?! ive taken it apart over and over again its clean as a whistle. also maker bot says there is no upgrades for my extruders.....? then what is everyone else doing if theres no upgrades... im soooo confused on whats right and wrong,, if i could get some ppl to help me that are experenced printers that would be great... so thank you to ANYONE who might give me some help.

the second problem im having is warping,, when i do get the makerbot to print it warps all my corners lifting up off the plate ,, making my 5 hr print useless. ive read quite a bit and ive tryed rafts,,,, the problem there is when i pull off the raft it pulls off some of the layers of the print on my piece,, this would include the design i have printed making it yet useless again.... .. i also spent the extra $$ to get the top cover and door to help ,, but it dosent do anythng different. ive seen something about lil tabs you can put on,, but i dont understand the concept there.... so any tips there would be great for ABS... thx again to anyone who will take the time to help me out.
    Last edited by djjrock; 07-10-2014 at 04:16 AM.

so just an update.. ive been using the sludge with dang neer perfect results and ive also found a good supplyer for 100 ft rolls of the kapton tape,, seems to be easyer to make up the sludge to glue the unit to the plate and then come back and replace the klapton tape... anyone have any thing to add in here?