Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
I am pretty sure the mainboard of the day to upgrade your Creality ender 3 to is the SKR 1.3. This mainboard is 32 bit and will let you run the lv8729 drivers at 1/64 or even 1/128 micro stepping. This board costs right around $20 wherever you find it. And it is one of if not the most popular swap solution for your printer. Go find a SKR 1.3, watch this video and enjoy the rest of your life, man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGN2iSQ5j4&t=
It's a waste of money. I got the SKR 1.2 and it arrived defective, the stock LCD screen won't work with it and it refuses to update firmware. The manufacturer has been no help of any sort getting it to work and refuses to replace/refund the purchase.

If you happen to get one that works, people seem to like them, but they come with no documentation or support and I see a ton of problems related to the firmware.

I'd personally look elsewhere unless you're prepared to deal with the headaches that come from a board that has no documentation and firmware that will likely need to be compiled.

EDIT: Not to mention that some versions have differing spec that isn't listed on the order page.