Close

Question Auto bed leveling isn't working, the motor starts going the wrong way after 3 points

Hi all,First post here on the forums, I don't use forums much so please excuse my formatting.

I built a 3d printer from some spare parts I had and am using a probe with it. A fixed position inductive probe. I have marlin 1.1.9 running on it.

At first I tried 3 point leveling, because the bed I have is from an old Printrbot Plus and is machined nice and flat. For 3 point, I would run G28 to home, then G29. At which point it would probe the front left of the bed, then the front right, then would throw an error that probing failed.

Thinking it was just the 3 point leveling, I decided to try to linear leveling, with the standard 3x3 grid. This time it did the front left, front middle, front right, then middle right, middle right, middle right, then back right, then the motor tried spinning even farther right, outside of the boundaries of the printer, so the motor would start skipping and then try to probe a point off of the bed.

Then I tried UBL for the heck of it, and it probed a few points then started probing outside of the bed area.

I have my bed size set correctly to 200 x 200 x 200 in Marlin, and have even manually configured the linear probing points to be within the bed space. The motor still tries to run in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure what to do, all motors run correctly, the probe works correctly I have no clue what to do!

Thank you for any help you can provide
    Last edited by M3 Bolt; 11-29-2019 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Ended up as a big paragraph, wanted to space the lines out

UPDATE: Seems like my X axis switch had a bad connection, I re-soldered and re-crimped the wires and my first test print is now printing... so far so good!

Edit: She's working perfectly now! Even installed TMC2208 drivers on it! All I can say is WOW!!!!
    Last edited by M3 Bolt; 11-30-2019 at 02:35 AM.