Quote Originally Posted by BrockMcKean View Post
Yes, it would take care of any distortion in actual mirror position due to noise, or vibrations. However, what about the printing material itself? Just because you dampen the mirrors doesn't mean the resin isn't bouncing around. The resin has to be physically dampened somehow. Also, there are plenty of hall effect sensors that can be used in parallel as you are describing and in series with the coils as well. Not entirely sure what's different or special about that particular sensor from Honeywell other than the low power requirements.
Adding a closed loop would make the system more reliable and reproducible, along with providing a memoryless dampening of the mirrors (something they claimed to have problems with). The resin bath can be dampened if people want, but it is of less concern than the mirrors. These are two different problems that must be addressed separately.

I linked that sensor as an example of something which can be used with the strength of magnets they chose for their design. Also, it is small, inexpensive, and comes in a standard surface mount package. Basically, I linked something that I felt might work, as opposed to a larger less sensitive model.

- UD