Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well it looks like a classic replicator clone. with a wider bed. Because of the odd bed size I'd say it's probably not a rebadge. But acustom machine made by or for GIE.
    Is the firmware replicator or repetier ? (never heard of replicator as a firmware)
    When I turn on the printer it says: The Replicator ----------- firmware version 7.5. Also when i look in some of the menus it refers to a "glowing M" button that I believe is on the makerbot machines. i think that was installed by the last owner and not what they came with but I'm not sure.

I have done a bit more research and it seems to be a Sky-Tech/Sky-Maker machine made by Taiwan Electronics Co. Seems to be the R2 or maybe A2 model. I found the instruction manual for it online. http://www.sky-tech.com.tw/sky-tech/...8ax-series.pdf

However, this company also seems to have gone out of business around 2014-2015. All the press releases end in 2015 and the links to videos and affiliated websites are all dead links. Maybe that is why Genius, founded in 2014, stopped being a company as well but who knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images