As many readers will note, I'm a big fan of the Prusa printer line. I don't own one, but recommended to the local public library makerspace that they purchase one. At the time, it was the MK 2s version (kit) which allowed us to assemble it as a club project. Great fun, rather easy to accomplish and the MK 3 has become even easier. You save money by purchasing the kit and learn a little bit, although it's not particularly difficult. As a group, the assembly took three times as long as it would have been for an individual, of course. That's part of the fun.

The library subjects the printer to tremendous use and part failures are rare. I had a 3 mm x 20 mm horizontal cylinder print fail due to dislodging from the bed. Simple fix, move the brim/skirt to the part, rather than space it out a couple of millimeters. Sometimes a model is poorly formed, but that's not the printer's fault, only the model's designer!

I've printed PETG on the library prusa and I suspect ABS would be nearly as easy. Using a full height skirt/brim offset from the part can reduce draft-induced delamination, or you can build your own enclosure for the required protection.

The Prusa does mesh bed leveling, an incredibly useful feature. The build plate is a magnetic snap-on design, which flexes to pop parts free. This feature was not available at the time the library purchased the MK 2 and it's not really been a problem.

We learned to place models randomly on the print bed, as consistent centering will eventually wear out the PEI layer at that location. It's easy enough to get the PEI sheet off, using dry ice, but the adhesive that remains is extremely tenacious and took about four hours and plenty of goo-gone to clean it off. The replacement sheet went on flawlessly. With the pop-off sheets you may be able to wear out a single location, but you'd have an easier job of replacing it.

PrusaSlicer has evolved into a very capable piece of software as well. One of our members had purchased Simplify3D and has begun to use PrusaSlicer almost exclusively, due to the higher quality output and ease of use.

I suspect you would not regret a purchase of this sort and it falls into your budget range.