Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Glass is nice. I buy cheap panels at home depot for under $2. I use hair spray on the glass before printing. Sometimes, I have to use a clamp or pliers to remove the object though.

Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    Glass is nice. I buy cheap panels at home depot for under $2. I use hair spray on the glass before printing. Sometimes, I have to use a clamp or pliers to remove the object though.
    If you have detachable glass... You might want to try putting your plate in the freezer if the print is sticking too well! I've done that a few times when I couldn't get a print free.

Technician
    Thanks for the advice. I hadn't heard about the spacer and that sounds like it might work better. I might give printing directly on the glass a try. I love blue tape in that when I use it with PLA on a slightly heated bed, my prints stick like glue. The bad part about that is that I usually end up having to completely replace blue tape with every single print because it rips up with the model. If I can get my PLA prints to stick just as well to the glass without being just as difficult to get off with blue tape, it would definitely be the way to go for me.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by roykirk View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I hadn't heard about the spacer and that sounds like it might work better. I might give printing directly on the glass a try. I love blue tape in that when I use it with PLA on a slightly heated bed, my prints stick like glue. The bad part about that is that I usually end up having to completely replace blue tape with every single print because it rips up with the model. If I can get my PLA prints to stick just as well to the glass without being just as difficult to get off with blue tape, it would definitely be the way to go for me.
    This is why I stick with kapton, I only replace it every few months. I will have to try the glass I think, I have some new flashy flexible stuff coming I want to try and apparently glass works much better for it.

question do you place hair spray on glass first then level? thanks