Close

Threaded View

i bought the clone of the duet 2 and duex5 from aliexpress, from a company called fysetc, as i heard that the clones from them where of a higher quality. i would have bought the original gladly if it did what i needed it to do, but it simply is not expandable enough (with 7 tools, all stepper, heater, and thermistor IO is used, leaving none for the heated chamber, the PID loop for the water pump, etc). the fan IO perhaps could have been used, but it just was'nt worth it. (i'm not using any fans for cooling the heaters, only water, and an aquarium pump for part cooling, and all other fans are 110v, so when i'm done the only extra IO will be fans, as i am maxing out the endstops as well) i'm sure there are ways that it could have worked, but it was just easier to use a PLC.

if the duet 3 had come out earlier i would have gotten that, but i'm too far invested now to do that, and they have not released the expansion boards for that either yet.

EDIT: for the core x/y axis i plan to use this (x2): https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/ne...angle%5B0.9%5D

should i use a nema 17 (~65% less torque) instead of the above nema 23? to my uneducated about steppers mind, it seems that if it has more torque, it can stop/ accelerate faster thus making the printer able to print faster?
    Last edited by super7800; 01-23-2020 at 01:55 PM.