Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
Drag on the drive belt will most certainly impact print quality buddy. And crunchy bearings are not steady drag. They roll free then get tight then roll free then get tight and you will most definitely see that in your print. And with that I am gonna tap out of this. The OP seems to have a good working knowledge and I think he will do just fine on his build. I just hope he shares a whole mess of pictures of the build with us along the way. I for one would love to see a home made large format delta. Godspeed OP. Don't let us down with the build thread.
Thanks very much for the input and encouragement! I think it will be a pretty cool looking printer that will be really sturdy when I'm done with it. I will keep the post updated with pictures as I go. It may take me a while to do things as its a side project but it will get done eventually.

I plan to take the parts to the machinist in the next week or two to have the parts squared and cut to the same length. I'll take pics and then start the build. I just got the rim and will cut that in half tomorrow so i can model it in fusion and get on the assembly file and start some simulations.

Cheers!!