Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I've heard most people advise against those spring based belt tensioners, they basically introduce another stretchy element to the belt. Haven't had any experience with them myself so I don't know how true it is. The Zatsit is a neat bit of kit, I'd be interested to see how long the living hinges hold up, but it's really beautiful in its simplicity.Also for the third time, I never said to use PWM with a coil relay, I suggested bang-bang control. Aardvark, I'm trying, but he takes half of my first sentence and then jumps to conclusions, or skips over the rest of my post where I mention the stuff he complains about. Or just makes things up like the PWM on a solenoid relay.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakyan View Post
    I've heard most people advise against those spring based belt tensioners, they basically introduce another stretchy element to the belt. Haven't had any experience with them myself so I don't know how true it is.
    Did you even actually read that or did you just make that up? I would love to see "most people" advising against gt2 belt tensioners. Please can you provide me with a fistful of links to where all these people have advised against a belt tensioner? The belt tensioners get tightened to full open so there is no spring left and they just take up slack as the axis changes directions real fast. You don't have to tell us about your ill experience anymore. We get it.