Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
Not sure what slicer you use, I only know Simplifed 3D 4.01.
For strong small parts, one would think more walls are better.. however, if you can have different settings for the pillars (S3d multiple processes) I would print 1mm below where they start up to the end of the print with 1 or 2 wall 100% infill. I am guessing as I would normally slice the part and look at the preview. Get your extrusion multiplier checked, print the entire part with NO FAN. PETG does not like fan.. Starting height has to be perfect if to close you will get Clingonbuggers that will cause issues, to high and no adhesion.
If you want to post the stl, I will load some PETG and print the part just for the fun of it. I don't like PETG that much but I do use it for part that will be in sunlight. My other go to is ABS which many people don't like but I have had a lot of good luck with, especially small parts.
I've been using Cura, but I have a version of Simplify3D, i forget what version though, i'll have to look. I only been using cura bcuz thats what I started with. I'll have to look into that slicer though and those particular settings since im not familiar. I'm not familiar with how to check the extrusion multiplier, but i'll look into that also. I print at 80% fan after the first layer then manual turn the fans down to about 25% when it starts the pillars and noticed a slight improvement. Maybe i'll see what no fan for the whole thing does. Yeah my ongoing issue with PETG was bed adhesion, tried painter tape, then glass, then painters tape on glass then that translucent electrical tape on top of painters tape thats on top of glass lol. Slowing the print speed down to 8mm/s was what really helped, but i have the nozzle very close to the bed, but not close that things clog up. Maybe i'll try and raise it just a hair since i lowered the speed way down. Temp is already at 250 degrees so its safe to say i barely have adjustment there or in speed lol.

I'd print in only PLA if i didnt need the heat resistance. PLA warps hard since these parts go inside of a car. PLA doesnt stand a chance inside one in Arizona in the middle of summer lol! I do have a spool of ABS i got like awhile back, but I've been to nervous to try and use it since I've been having so much issue with PETG. I'll load the STL up for you in about 2 or so hours when i get home. I have 2 version. One is the original and one is when i made the pillars thicker to try and help with strength. Thanks buddy!