In my opinion it kind of depends what you're looking to do. I started with a Monoprice Select Mini V1 and I love it and don't regret buying it at all. It worked great right out of the box and got me printing and learning right away. It was less than $200 and really did well for that kind of money. A year later, after learning some things and figuring out if i would actually use it and enjoy it etc, I ordered a Prusa MK3 Kit. It took about 10 months to arrive lol. I'm not sure what the lead time on them is these days but I don't think you will be getting one right away for sure.

If you know for sure you like 3d printing and are going to be spending a decent amount on a printer at some point anyways then by all means order a good one. For $200 it might be worth getting a monoprice mini while you wait for a Prusa. I have seen Mini Delta's on Amazon for cheap refurbished and sold by monoprice themselves. Worth thinking about anyways.

One last note; Resin printers have come down drastically in price in the last year. I recently bought an Elegoo Mars and love it. It is a bit messier and the vat film needs to be replaced more often than i expected but all in all an amazing value for the quality of prints you get. However, resin availability is limited still and anything other than the normal stuff is crazy expensive. I love my Prusa because its so easy to print in so many different materials. I have used PLA, PETG, Nylon, ABS, TPU, PPEPS, PolyCarbonate, and there are endless more options depending on your use/needs.

Hope that helps