Close

Hybrid View

Can't really help you but can you explain to an old Auto Mechanic who is now a Unix system admin, what the logic is behind buying something new that needs so much work done to it to function well?

Would it not have been better to buy a product that works out of the box without the need of "Upgrades"?

Couldn't you just cancel the order since the manufacture does not respond to your query, why buy something that has no support?

I wish you luck with your project, seems like you will need it!

The Ender 3 pro has a very good print quality (reportedly) out of the box for 220.00 (apparently closer to a 500.00 printer). With a few 8.00-15.00 upgrades it prints like it's a 1000.00 printer (again, from everything I have read about it. I don't have enough experience to say any of this for sure.). All the reviews and such I have been reading along with video reviews and guides and all that say it's one of the best printers out there for the cost for a starter printer. The customization options and upgrades are even considered a feature by some because it gets new people familiar with the functions and components easily along with a rail system for the entire frame that makes printed components and upgrades easy to make and install.

Basically cost/effort is well worth the quality you get out of it.

I have not given the manufacturer much time to respond yet. I was just pursuing other avenues of information while I waited.

As for a resin printer, the material is more expensive, requires better/more ventilation considerations, and PPE/stations for post processing the resin. Basically a "traditional" filament printer is no where near the hassle.

Any feedback for the questions I have? Even just the Tempered Glass print bed. Is it true that you don't need tape/hairspray/glue on a glass print bed?
    Last edited by Konungr; 08-25-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konungr View Post
    The Ender 3 pro has a very good print quality (reportedly) out of the box for 220.00 (apparently closer to a 500.00 printer). With a few 8.00-15.00 upgrades it prints like it's a 1000.00 printer (again, from everything I have read about it. I don't have enough experience to say any of this for sure.). All the reviews and such I have been reading along with video reviews and guides and all that say it's one of the best printers out there for the cost for a starter printer. The customization options and upgrades are even considered a feature by some because it gets new people familiar with the functions and components easily along with a rail system for the entire frame that makes printed components and upgrades easy to make and install.

Basically cost/effort is well worth the quality you get out of it.

I have not given the manufacturer much time to respond yet. I was just pursuing other avenues of information while I waited.

As for a resin printer, the material is more expensive, requires better/more ventilation considerations, and PPE/stations for post processing the resin. Basically a "traditional" filament printer is no where near the hassle.

Any feedback for the questions I have? Even just the Tempered Glass print bed. Is it true that you don't need tape/hairspray/glue on a glass print bed?
    My printer came with a Borosilicate glass plate laminated with polymide tape. Plain glass can work with PLA but I prefer the tape to the plan glass, I know my print will stick be it ABS PLA PETG Nylon etc.