Close

Hybrid View

if you are using a .3 layer than you Z offset is .6 too high and why you are having adhesion issues
    I can provide instructions MG support gave me when I first got may machine and realized the quick start thing was not very good..

How to alter your Z-offset with the M2 Rev. E:
    You can fine tune the bed height without the QuickStart App. It involves sending gcode commands to your printer which can be done in the QuickStart App, PronterFace, or the Machine Control Panel in Simplify3D.

1. Reset your printer so that you are only saving the changed Z-offset to your Rambo board. Navigate to whatever communication platform you choose. And connect to your printer.

2. It may start updating with temperatures every few seconds. It is best to shut this off. (For example, in the Machine Control Panel of S3D press the “Verbose” radio button.)

3. Next, send a “M503” command. This will display your printers settings stored in EEPROM.

4. Look for an M206 in the communication window, these are your offsets for every axis. Then find what value is set for Z. It should be something around 10 to 14 (the unit is millimeters).

5. If you make this value larger your bed will start closer and if you make it smaller your bed will start further away.

6. Enter a new z-offset with “M206 Zxxx” (replace xxx with whatever number you want).

7. Send a “M500” to save the Z-offset to your printer.

8. The new offset will only be used after you home the Z-axis. this can be accomplished by printing something (most gcode has a homing command at the beginning) or manually sending a “G28
    Last edited by airscapes; 10-10-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Interesting...but if I check with a feeler gauge...the nozzle measures about 0.3mm from the printing surface...how can I lower it by 0.6mm?

And, with the PEI sheet applied...my adhesion problems seem to have been fixed completely!

Quote Originally Posted by petersglassshop View Post
    Interesting...but if I check with a feeler gauge...the nozzle measures about 0.3mm from the printing surface...how can I lower it by 0.6mm?

And, with the PEI sheet applied...my adhesion problems seem to have been fixed completely!
    Guess if that is the case no need to mess with it further but when you have time it is worth while to get familiar with the process of altering the offset at the firmware level. I believe you can make changes in Simplifed 3d but not sure if you need positive or negitive numbers. That is also for that one print only and not universal like in the firmware

OK, both machines back in their proper location (out in the heat)...we'll see how things go. So far so good with PEI!

1010191406.jpg