Close

Threaded View

One of the parts we print regularly is a pull tab for insect screens. It is a very challenging print job because we have then oriented on their side so we can print higher quantities per batch. It is the print job I am basing the notes below on.

MAGIGOO: I thought this was crazy expensive when we ordered our tube...but after receiving it, I see it will last a very long time...so per use, its very inexpensive. We tried using the MAGIGOO for the past three weeks, and it seems to help a little....but not much, maybe 10% improvement in yield. Using only the Kapton tape, we would yield 60-70% of the clips on average. Adding MAGIGOO increased that to 70-80% yield. It seemed that our jobs run immediately after new application would have the best yield, and by the 3rd job, yield decreased noticeably...so we would reapply for every other print job.

PEI: I received these PEI sheets and applied to the 1st printer a few days ago...after good initial impressions, I applied the 2nd sheet to our 2nd printer. After applying the PEI sheet on the 1st printer, I have run 2 jobs, the first one only lost 4 clips, and the 1nd job (pictured) only lost 1 clip. So far, I am very happy with the PEI performance. I will update in a few weeks with more detailed & additional observations.

This is the PEI sheet I ordered - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files