I beg to differ when it comes to networking nowadays. The switch and routers are way better compare to the past. Either you have substandard network equipment. I have never experience that issue at home or at work. I also manage the network at work. We do have disconnection from providers but nothing wrong with the internal network. Only if someone decide to flood the network then latency or bandwidth is reduced hence why I have separate switches for different servers. I suggest you should figure out your network issue if you have that problem nowadays. If it is your bandwidth try some of the Linux tools like iperf to diagnose your issue. As for octopi and when a network outage occurs the jobs is still stored and carries on. They would have cover it for uploading when network fails based on file size and the amount of data received. I guess you have to consider the worse case scenario when designing a protocol. I have to when designing comms to talk to a microservices in the cloud.

I have a response from Creatbot and they suggest adding extra commands in the gcode. The mech eng will try it out.