Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    retraction is a global setting.
    Everything else just effects WHEN retraction is used.

so the 0.5 just means that the head has to travel half a mm over open space before it retracts. The odds of you having a lot of 0.5mm gaps in the print are fairly small - unless you're printing a print in place part with moving bits. In which case you definitely want it retracting before each move.
    I tend to always set the movemtn to 0. So it retracks before crossing any gap.

can't see any problems with your picture - you expectations of what 3d printing can do on a cheap machine might be a little too high :-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    retraction is a global setting.
    Everything else just effects WHEN retraction is used.

so the 0.5 just means that the head has to travel half a mm over open space before it retracts. The odds of you having a lot of 0.5mm gaps in the print are fairly small - unless you're printing a print in place part with moving bits. In which case you definitely want it retracting before each move.
    I tend to always set the movemtn to 0. So it retracks before crossing any gap.

can't see any problems with your picture - you expectations of what 3d printing can do on a cheap machine might be a little too high :-)
    So I should take it from 0.5 to 0.0 correct? I going to attach another pic of the print that doesn't look right and the one that looks right...
    I bought this Ender 3 Pro to learn on. To learn the basics of 3D printing. I know that i'm not gonna get the quality prints that a better machine will produce and i don't expect it to. I do feel like it can be tweaked in the software and hardware to produce better prints than what i am getting.

20190807_071234.jpg20190807_071255.jpg