Close

Replicator 5th Gen Vs. Flashforge Dreamer Vs. Solidoodle 4

It's that time of year.... my brother's birthday and I know he's been wanting a 3D printer really bad now for the past year or so. I have limited down what we are going to get him to a MakerBot Replicator 5th generation, a Solidoodle 4 and a Flashforge Dreamer. I'd love to hear your opinions on which one I should go for and why. I've heard positives and negatives about both. Has anyone here used all 3?

I've had very brief use of all three, and I would say from those experiences I would go with either a SD 4 or the Dreamer. If you want American Made, and slightly better support go with the SD4. If you want the best overall machine, go with the Dreamer.

I tend to stay away from Makerbots. The 5th generations are very buggy, and they need to fix some issues. I think they released the printer a bit too soon. From what I hear, the SD4s are good, and the Dreamer just came out in the US, so I'm not too familiar with it.

You might want to consider the Creator Pro rather than the Dreamer.

Discussions on the FlashForges, http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...ashForge-Forum

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow the Dreamer came out... I had given up waiting.