Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep that is a very nice bit of kit !

Got everything you want, nothing you dont.
    Looks like a simple clean design :-)

It's the 'PLus' that makes the difference :-)

It has been a week and time for an update. I spent last Saturday putting the Anet A8Plus together and trying to level the bed. Finally got it good enough and could not get the filament loaded, it would always feed out of the feed roller. Manually loading was a pia, the hole for the filament was very close tolerance and I did not see a way to make it better. Off to Amazon and ordered two new extruders. I continued with the mannually fed extruder and started printing some first level tests, some good others not. Seems the feed gear was doing a lot of skipping and melted filament was seeping out the top of the heat block. Good thing I ordered some new nozzles and threaded metal thingys the screw into the heat block and cleaning tools when I ordered the new extruders. They arrived Tuesday and installed Wednesday. Very nice compared to the OEM. Then the fix I made to a broken X axis belt clamp came undone. A 3d printed part that the belt slips into had broken the tab when I was putting it together. I used a zip tie to hold it and that did not last. It took until Saturday afternoon to figure out another way. So simple, two zip ties and a screw. I started printing some leveling knobs but when about a third of the way through I could see that they were skewed back to front. Kinda leaning. Seems my Y axis belt was jumping a tooth on the belt.. Belt seemed tight so what gives? The bed seemed to be binding and I learned about requiring lube. Much better now! Then for some reason I decided to upgrade to Marlin 2.0. Thought I bricked the board. Nothing but beebing. Took pretty much all day Sunday butI got it fixed and now printing my third leveling knob! And I know how to turn on auto leveling and manual auto leveling. Sounds dangerousBut that will be after I print a few things. All in all I have enjoyed myself piddling with this thing. Not a cuss word was uttered, really!