Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
very neat - I'm running out of space for printers and am going to either have to get rid of my old pyro cupboard (probably a good idea lol) or start stacking - or both :-)
The only issue I have with the entire machine in a cupboard is that all sorts of thing get heated that I'm not sure I want heated.
Motherboards, filament, stepper motors etc.
Hey! Thanks! Well about heating, based on my almost 3000h of printing inside this enclosure with single printer, I can say it's not a problem. I always aim towards the lowest possible enclosure temperature, due to the electricity consumption, to still get unwarped and great printing quality. That usually means I'm running heatbed something like 30?C for PLA, 50?C for PETG and around 80 for ABS, which is much less than I ran with printer outside the enclosure, and I'm getting around 30-35?C inside the enclosure when temperature gets stable. With this type of temperatures I don't think electronics "wear" or die any quicker, as NOTHING died after 3000h+ of printing and maybe all that mechanical and electronics may actual like a bit warm, dry air... However, as this exact build was already made by hundredths of makers, I've seen already that people were very easily installed PSU and electronics below the printer floor and guide some wires through the hole. But as I said... I think it's not a problem at all.

This type of enclosure is however very nice to stack and organize one or multiple printers and also add more compartments or enclosured later. Easy to assemble too and very industrial, robust and lasting stuff.

Best regards,
Jure