OK so my plan was to print 8, 1 foot lengths(not including a tongue for connecting them together) that are 6 inches wide by 2 inches thick (preferably not solid) that i would then connect together using bolts to create 1, 8 foot beam that is 6 inches wide by 2 inches thick. i would make several of these beams and connect them together in an A frame. i want to print the "wood" structure for a tent like this so that they are lighter and maybe even can come apart into 2, 4 foot lengths that would be easier to transport.

6f9c4b96090177c6403dbeeb1ed45ef9.jpg

the beams that go horizontal i planned on printing "sideways" compared to the mostly vertical pieces so that i would have less issues with sheering. i worry that PLA will warp under the heat of the sun and stress of the canvas/wind. i figured the elements would be less important as long as i sealed the print when it was complete with a finish that is waterproof and protects from UV, am i wrong about that? but PETG does seem like it might make a good option.

I am currently using a Ender 3, but will be getting the SnapMaker 2 before i start printing this project.