Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mpcnc

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    As far as I can tell in Cura when you hover the cursor above the print speed 40% with my settings is 4.5mm^3 Per Second and 76% is 8.5mm^3 Per Second.

With a .4mm nozzle at a layer height of .28mm. It further States that the Print will complete at # of hours and it does.

Print Speed.jpg
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 05-13-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol right.
    I'm used to print speeds being in mm/s - which I can visualise.
    cubic mm per second on the other hand - just isn't something that's easy to understand.

Interesting that it says an ultimaker can just about do 150mm/s. My ?200 delta can do that without any problems :-)

It is sometimes confusing.
    You can see it the previously posted Photo I am printing in the Yellow.
    It clearly shows that printing over 8.0mm^3 Per second could cause filament slippage.
    With my Settings that Max speed percentage is 71 being 8.0mm^3 Per second, an 72 being 8.1mm^3 Per second.
    I have successfully printed many models at over 100% " (11.2mm^3 Per second) " using PLA though have yet to venture this on ABS.

I prefer to stay closer the upper limits I determined make the best Models. 8.0 - 9.6mm^3 Per second.

you should be able to change the units to mm/s - I'd be interested to know what your actual print speed (not volume) actually is :-)

I have never calculated it only took the numbers from Cura do you have a formula

Found this V=pi*radius^2*print speed = mm3/s.

don't need a formula - cura will have an option to show either speed or volume. just switch to speed. see what it is and switch back :-)

Assembled the Middle Assembly today still need the conduit to assembly the remaining frame Assemblies.

Middle Assembly.jpg

neat :-)
    Took a while to work out what goes where lol

Found a problem with the MPCNC Design.

Bearing 1.jpg

You can see in the middle assembly, that the 5/16 bolt head and the Bearing are touching, This will have to have thinner Bolt Head.
    Will be Grinding about 1/2 the thickness of the bolt head away to allow the bearing to freely spin...

Bearing 2.jpg

The build is going quite slowly, simply because when I started this project, was hoping to use some of my spare 3D Printers parts.
    This scenario is quickly proving not to be the case with the MPCNC carriage growing heavier than expected,.
    Decided on the controller, drivers an lead screw. An Arduino Mega with Ramps 1.6, this one is equipped with a mosfet heat-sink
    Decided to use the T8-2 lead screws this is a trapezoidal 8mm lead screw that has a pitch of 2mm per revolution.

As you can see the carriage has been assembled with a minor setback again needing to order stronger steppers and a new T8-2 Lead-screw.
    This by no means will stop me from partially assembling the MPCNC's other components while I wait for the remaining parts to arrive.

Assembled with a temporary 56oz Stepper an T8-8 Lead screw

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast