Close

Thread: Mpcnc

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    This would be a great ideal if the MPCNC was only going to be used for 3D Printing an laser engraving.
    Though I wonder if I could keep them clean when carving wood or milling aluminum.
    well yeah, that's why you've installed a workshop vacumn and suction tubing alongside the cutting head - right :-)

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well yeah, that's why you've installed a workshop vacumn and suction tubing alongside the cutting head - right :-)
    Well actually I just ordered the Dewalt DW660 so I have quite a few more parts to be 3D Printed.

Vacuum Duct
    Frame Supports // Frame is not as sturdy as I would like it.
    Cable chains
    Power Supply case
    Arduino, Ramps Case
    ect, ect ect.

An forgive me but some of the thinner newly printed ABS models are quite fragile, this resemble older plastic that has degraded by weather.
    Will need to reprint them, maybe this time in PLA.

Good thing is that the Dewalt will be showing up today and I will be able to actually be able cut something. Will start out with something weak like a piece of pink insulation.
    Then work up to some softwoods that I have laying around, and ending with hardwoods to get an ideal how fast that the cuter will work.

At this time I have given some thought as to the size of the hot bed 400mm X 600mm will need to see if I can make it a reality Now.