Close

Thread: Mpcnc

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you using abs ?
    it will shrink so sizes are usually wrong enough to make a difference.
    One of the many reasons I gave up abs.

Failing that - are you using mm or inches for sizing your bolts ?
    Even so called 'equivalences' rarely match up.

One of those videos you linked to had a chap print all his bits, then go buy and cut the conduit, only to discover it was too large.
    Me I'd have printed one part, taken it to the hardware store and checked it agaisnt the existing conduit before either printing the rest of the parts or buying the conduit or cutting it.

When I design parts I usually print cut down test pieces to make sure everything will fit when i print the full parts.

I think over time you just develop better working habits based on previous cock-ups :-)

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    After Printing the MPCNC Model Parts they were measured an have a error rate of within 1/2 percent, this means that all printed models are correctly printed.
    What surprised me was that none of the models that actually Stayed stuck to the build plate showed signs of warping.
    Only a few had problems though these problems were not to adhesion they attributed to the Proximity sensor vibrating loose ...
    This in turn changed the Z-Height causing the adhesion problem.

Had the most problems at the hardware store not correctly correctly placing the parts in the correct bins.
    Will need to be more careful and measure when returning for replacements.