Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what surface are you printing on ?
    are you using anything as glue ?
    pva glue stick works well, apply several layers to hot bed and let it dry.
    blue tape always works, but can be a bugger to remove.
    Dimafix is good stuff as is printgoo (? - something 'goo' anyway)

190 is a bit low. 200 would be by standard low temp pla setting.

Don't bugger about with platform temps - dunno where you got that from, but it's nonsense. Stick it on 50 or 60 or 65 and leave it. messing about with it will just reduce pla adhesion. Going from hot to cooler will almost guarentee to release the print.
    50-65c is the sweet spot for pla.

How are you levelling ? IE: how thick is the paper you use under the nozzle.
    Do you remove filament and then heat the nozzle first - or not. Do you heat the bed as well ? (not usually necessary for pla but essential for abs)

A good print surface is the most essential step - all the other things also make a difference.

Worth trying a sheet of cheap pei - I use printbite, which once dialled in is awesome stuff - but not cheap.
    I'm not mad keen on buildtak - sure things stick to it, but sometimes getting them off can be a real bastard. :-)

Looking at the picture - the beads are very round, which indicates the print nozzle is probably not close enough to the print bed - a little bit of squish is usually necessary - I also tend to set my first layer as 150% thickness of the actual set layer height.
    There should be a z-axis adjuster in the slicer somewhere - have to admit I've not looked at the qidi slicer. But if it has an 'advanced' settings option, check it out. Standard 'idiot' settings are usually a total waste of time. All printers have their individual quirks, depending on environmental conditions of where they are, filament used, print surface, levelling etc.

But to start with reduce the z gap, and don't change the bed temp during a print.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-28-2019 at 05:04 AM.