Close

Threaded View

I use a direct drive machine and S3D V4.0.1PETG is eSun Normaly I use a .5 nozzle Layer height of .3 Nozzle Temp 245Bed Temp 80Speed no faster than 45mmSInfil is modle dependeant Retaction .80 @40mmSFirst layer is at 100% heightI enter the average measured diameter of the filament which my current roll is 1.70mm I print 2 walled squares to verify starting height (if start is correct print height is same as model) Wall thickness should be same as model if Extrude multiplier is correct. I have found that using an extrude multiplier 2 or 3 higher than correct wall thickness gives a stronger part. When exact size is not important I normally over extrude slightly. For instance last setup .90 gave me exact wall thickness. going to .93 gave me no space between threads and only slightly fat walls. Also print a 2 layer flat square to help with the extrude multiplier Top layer should be solid with no spaces between threads when examined with a loop or microscope.Normally do a single layer single pass skirt 2mm from part to prime nozzle. On the makergear m2 the nozzle primes over the side of the bed ad always grab thread with tweezers so as not to curl up and get stuck to nozzle. Crud on nozzle causes a lot of trouble with PETG so a clean nose is a must!Good luck
    Fan should be off on all layers

I added the attachment an look at the mess that became of my nicely formatted post.. Not going to fix it till you get a look.. all the carriage returns were stripped and extra spaces.. wtf
    Attached Files Attached Files