Close

Hybrid View

Hello Guys,

I just tried it on my MAC and it is pretty awesome ! I just downloaded it, and created an account. It instantly detected my webcam, and now I have my printer online, and can print remotely. Web camera is pretty sweet. I want to hook up my other printers and see how it works. Really excited ! Leo

Quote Originally Posted by leo.kani View Post
    Hello Guys,

I just tried it on my MAC and it is pretty awesome ! I just downloaded it, and created an account. It instantly detected my webcam, and now I have my printer online, and can print remotely. Web camera is pretty sweet. I want to hook up my other printers and see how it works. Really excited ! Leo
    Well, That is good news!!! Maybe we were being too cynical????

leo.kani, if you don't mind me asking, what printer you have running?

I'm running a Makerbot 2x I just tried it with a Gcode that uses the Dual Extruder and it works also. I want my buddy with the Ultimaker to also try it, and see how we can share the printers online just for fun. Personally I don't care about the security, but the remote control web camera feature is really useful. Going to chat up the support guys and see what else this thing can do.

Initially when I logged in, there where some test files, with this camera Icon, that when hovered over, produced this blank box , and didn't get what that was for, until I printed my first object. It recorded the print and made time lapse preview! I feel there are like other hidden features they are not talking about. I'll find out more. Going now to try to share my printer with a buddy.

3D printer OS - Makerbot 2x

Hey Guys,

I am using the Makerbot 2x and it is working perfect so far. My buddy has the 2 and it installed for him instantly also. I don't see any restrictions with my designs, prints, or anything actually. I guess I could collect money from someone in Paypal, and set permission for them to print once, but it doesn't force you into anything. Ummm actually the more I think about it, there is nothing stopping me from actually selling a design on any market place today. Collect a check, and simply click share -- type the persons email address in. I just need to design something bad ass first.

What would be really awesome is getting a hold of this software modification they made that lets you print like 100's of parts without touching the machine. Check this out -- 35 hours of printing without touching the printer !!! http://secured3d.com/blog/real-examp...g-3d-printing/

Hey Guys,

I am using the Makerbot 2x and it is working perfect so far. My buddy has the 2 and it installed for him instantly also. I don't see any restrictions with my designs, prints, or anything actually. I guess I could collect money from someone in Paypal, and set permission for them to print once, but it doesn't force you into anything. Ummm actually the more I think about it, there is nothing stopping me from actually selling a design on any market place today. Collect a check, and simply click share -- type the persons email address in. I just need to design something bad ass first.

What would be really awesome is getting a hold of this software modification they made that lets you print like 100's of parts without touching the machine. Check this out -- 35 hours of printing without touching the printer !!! http://secured3d.com/blog/real-examp...g-3d-printing/