Close

Thread: 3D StuffMaker

Hybrid View

Looks like a PLA printer (no heated bed), and a .7mm nozzle is pretty much unheard of (practically everyone is using .4mm now)? Seems too big for fine details? But the basics appear to be there. As long as it is using some type of standard electronics, like a Ramps 1.4 or Rambo, it should be pretty easy to upgrade it to a heated build plate. With some mods it might be possible to get good prints out of it. If it were me, the first thing I would do is change out the plastic build plate!

That skull looks awesome!

Yeah I have a fan + printed attachment to blow over the hot end/nozzle, I haven't used it though as the prints just popped off the glass once the lower layers cooled a bit and didnt want to introduce extra cooling to the build - however I understand it does improve print quality greatly.

I'd love some details on the headed bed / how you mounted it / and how you control the temp etc.
    You'd recommend getting the alu build plate for it? might see if i can find something locally, not sure what postage to Aus will end up being :/

Cheers