Close

Threaded View

Sorry, no, Cube Glue is something 3D Systems has been selling for their Cubify line of printers but it only rarely shows up on eBay. It is insanely expensive for what it is. But if you ask what it is, for me it is magic because it works for me. And it has only become more attractive since LokBuild holds onto it better than the PLA or ABS does. I waste very little. As a matter of fact, someone tempted me to water it down to use even less. That was even better! Now I can put down a very thin layer but it takes a little longer to dry.

Now mind you, a lot of PLA will stick perfectly well to LokBuild without any other treatment. Some don't. But for ABS, I keep that printer glue-slurried on the build plate.

Here is the specs for simpler searching: 3D Systems 390066-00

Others will call BS on me for saying all this but I honestly have no better reference. I've tried the clear school glue which failed utterly; haven't tried hairspray... too many brands anyway. I've experimented with many blue tapes only to find one obscure blue tape that was 10x better than all the rest in holding the filament... but then of course, the tape's glue to the bed releases and the parts still curl... and you have to wash off the blue tape that is stuck to your part with no sign of wanting to give it up. So when I can make flat ABS parts on CubeGlue without any curling... I think I can speak with some level of authority.

This is MakeShaper natural ABS run at 260*C; Only one sample of many:
    h.jpg

And in case you missed it, I don't have heated beds on my printers.
    Last edited by TommyDee; 02-03-2019 at 05:37 AM.