Recently I've been playing with some retraction profiles. The results of minor tweaks are astounding! From utterly failing to the best print ever with a single change of less that 10% in the settings. Another where prints had blobs consistently on each layer at the start to nice smooth well managed seams which required a 50% change in values.

If you watch CNC Kitchen on YouTube, you will see how Stephan (?) has made test parts that change parameters throughout the print. This lets you pick the parameters that work. Temperature; retractions; speed; feed; etc... and combinations of those in a torture model that is easily evaluated at the end.

Having dealt with various qualities of materials I'm learning quickly that one profile doesn't work for all. You either manage the materials, or you qualify every material you run from different suppliers and build a profile for each.

I have 2 different PETG materials from two different OEM's that will not run properly on each other's profiles... but I can run all my ABS from one supplier through either profile with excellent results.

Bottom line, this is not a slicer problem. This is a calibration issue. The user has two choices; trust other users to create highly functional profiles, or do it yourself. Personally, I prefer to do it myself based on known parameters.