Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lol spammer - he's gone :-)

So why do you want to replace a board you have yet to even try ?

An awful lot of issues we get round here are precisely that - people chopping and changing the electronics on printers with no actual rhyme or reason behind it.

Build it, try it - if it doesn't work - THEN maybe think about changing things.

Why would you want to upload marlin to a board you haven't even used ?

What firmware does it have at the moment ?
    For me marlin is the worst out there. Repetier, sailfish, smoothieware - all hands down better. Easier to use with better control panel options.

a 300x300 should be fine.
    does it not have a heated bed already ?
    Thanks for the reply, to answer your questions:

The board is cheap crap, it?s about the same as the anet v1.0 but doesn?t come with a boot loader so can?t be flashed without extra hardware.

It comes with an old version or Marlin, all the safety features are disabled. I won?t be using the printer at all until I can enable them.

I have had my Anet A6 for a couple of years now running the latest Marlin. I actually avoided updating it from its stock firmware for a loooing time... that is until the heated bed port melted and fused to the plate. Not going to risk it with the new printer and now I know Marlin and am very comfortable with editing and flashing it.

It does but it?s a 330x330 cheap Chinese piece of junk. It takes a long time to hear and doesn?t get to very high temperates, the thermistor is in the corner making it horribly inaccurate. And after the melting on the other printer meter I don?t trust anything drawing high current on these things.

Also, the heated bed is a PCB fused to an aluminium plate. I assume it?s ok to just stick the silicone heat mat and insulation straight to the PCB

Basically I bought this cheap kit on the sales over Christmas for just ?170. I did it due to the aluminium profile CoreXY frame. It was just meant as a base to be upgraded with better parts.

I have had many issues with the Cartesian format of the anet a6 and the awful acrylic frame and housings bending, cracking, shattering. I also wanted a build plate that didn?t move as this caused allot of my problems with print artifacts.
    Last edited by TehEmoGurl; 01-15-2019 at 02:41 PM.