Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    My cooling fan has enough power to suck pieces of loose plastic up
    um, it should be BLOWING.
    Usually the fan label goes on the inside - check that.

Have you tried printing the graphite at a higher temperature ?
    The current trend seems to have People printing pla at a very low temp.

Even the same brand of pla will print at different temps for different colours.
    Filament actually looks goldish and definitely looks like under extrusion. What temp
    and speed are you printing at ?

It IS blowing, what i'm trying to say it that it moves a ton of air, no way could there be insufficient cooling.As for the temps, 230 = one layer and jammed, 220 = one layer and jammed, 210 = jam, 200 = printed two layers and jammed, 185 = not even one layer before it jammed.That was before i rebored the heatbreak. Now the heatbreak is bored out to 2.1mm kind of like the V6 heatbreak. The result so far is that at 200 it printed 2 layers and still jammed, 185 was showing promise but it jammed also.I'm printing pretty slow at 20mm/s but that didn't seem to be an issue with the chinese PLA.While trying to unjam the the hotend i managed to wreck the threads on the heatbreak so i'll have to make a new one.I'm thinking about making it like the V6 but instead of M7 on the cold end i'll have M8 threads. The thread engagement between the cold end and the heatsink seems pretty poor so i'll get the opportunity to re-bore the heatsink and make sure the threads are tight for better thermal transfer.I can also make the heatbreak part thinner because grade 8 steel is pretty strong.