Every printer and every print is different. I use LokBuild bare on PLA and can't remove my prints. I use glue only, and the glue peels up from the acrylic bed surface. I use glue on LokBuild and ABS sticks without curling; pull off the part and the glue stays with the Lokbuild. Borosilicate glass seems to be a panacea for build plates and I understand why. But not all printers are equipped with glass build plates. Aluminum plates often cause thermal issues when allowed to get too cold. And of course, not everyone has a heated bed or uses one on every print. And then throw in the alchemy of the specific material. There is no one answer in my experience.

I've tried the clear Elmer's school glue; Fail! I've tried blue tape; 9 out of 10 brands fail! I've tried acrylic surfaces; Fail! I've tried an Alumina bed; Big fail! These are not 100% fails, but enough to make the risk much greater.

Everyone will end up finding their niche in adhesion based on their printer. I've been known to plop a square inch of blue tape on the plate just to make a quick print. For the most part, I use a slurried 3D Systems Cube Glue on LokBuild for my ABS printer. A little water every so often will keep the surface plenty fresh. For PLA, I qualify filament suppliers by their ability to adhere to LokBuild on a cold bed. Some filaments are LokBuild-philic and some are LokBuild-phobic.

And I do have an alternative build plate of Borosilicate. Great plate! But it has nothing over LokBuild except maybe the ease of removal.