Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hello i have both a V1 and a v2. They are the most reliable printers i have ever had or seen. Mods here should be light and cosmetic. I mean you cant be more right than right, right? But you sure can knock the reliability and quality out of an otherwise good product. But of my minis have many hours on them without any failuure or chaffing of wires. Do what you want there but there is a group of people, lord knows i am one, who look for possible ways to make their bought item their own. But i just think the bigger machines are for that and these are great tiny workhorses that we can rely on. You should wait until you see a bed failure before you start growing the size and footprint of your machine with externally mounted cables. Unless you like the look, that is. The mods i have on my v1 are a printed knob, a filament guide, and a piece to slip over the oem spool holder to make it round instead of square so the spool spins a little more freely. And i couldnt be happier with the results i have gotten for so long, now.

The knob on the v2 is taller and it needs no modification.

What operating system and 3D printing software are you using to run your select mini V2?