Close

Hybrid View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    This is just a quick post.

I Have a similar Style 3D Printer as you. Out of time right now. Though I will type up the techniques I used when I first started printing.

Your 3D Printer is the same style as my printer, and it appears we both use Cura.
    I Have installed a thumb nut to my Z-Axis end stop sensor, This allows me to adjust the nozzle to with microns of the bed with a fraction of a turn of the thumb screw.

This make it very easy to setup nozzle height for any layer thickness requirements necessary.
    One of the hardest things that we learned during the 1st few days of owning a 3D Printer, is getting that first layer close enough to the bed to stick. It is also necessary to learn that on a glass surface glue sticks make it much easier for filament adhesion.

You have advantages to the knowledge of the best owners of 3D Printers, They are here to share their knowledge with you and aid in our 3D Printer learning process.

For a test print I would try learning with a .2 layer height as it is much easier to get adhesion. My first prints were average in size and printed on the paper tape method. ("Blue Painters Tape") as this is the easiest to learn for beginners.

I first home the printer then lower the nozzle to it's lowest point, making sure a thin piece if paper will slide under the nozzle only when nozzle is raised to 0.2mm. This is about the thickness of the paper and the first suggested layer height.

I have a thumb screw on my Z-Axis sensor to adjust this height very quickly.

TL-W3M.jpg

OR you can use use Z-Offset to change the Z Height using M851.

If you are using Marlin you have access to the Z-Offset from the LCD this allows quick setting of the desired offset. As you can see my Whole bed is covered in 1 strip of Paper Tape.

Though in all fairness today I print on a many Bed surfaces...

Gutter.jpg

Example "can change bed from Paper Tape to Bed surface to this ("image Below")

Floor Tile.jpg

Floor Tile on the Bed surface an a smaller piece of Bed surface on the floor tile.
    In just a couple minutes. Why this strange test just to see how fast I could print on a second printing surface.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-11-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Thank you! I adjusted the level of the bed, then a new problem occured which got solved with the glue sticks. Thank you!