Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    A can of denatured alcohol is useful for cleaning the bed, to ensure good bonding of the print. The kit arrives with all the tools needed to assemble, plus the cable (I think). You may want to pick up a palette knife or similar flat scraper device, but you can find things of this sort locally. It's safer to let the bed completely cool when removing the print and therefore, no tools are needed, but our library people are impatient.

I cannot answer the question about Octoprint, as the owner of the MK3 is in Hawaii, lucky fellow. The black parts are not going to be less strong then the orange, but I expect some people object to the "loud" color of orange and had requested black.

Okay, thank you for your answers. I was actually thinking more like accessories that are available on Prusa's website. Is there nothing there that could be necessary for me, in the future maybe?

Staff Engineer
    Of the 8 items on the accessories page, I saw nothing of critical interest. The library printer is still running fine on the original nozzle, although the PEI bed was worn out after about a year. We learned to move the print from the center and place it randomly on the bed each time! It's easy to remove the old PEI sheet (Dry Ice) but it's a bear to get the adhesive layer off cleanly. You may not have to deal with that, with the new pop-off bed system.

Yes, I heard really good things about the new bed in the MK3. I don't really have a reference but I assume the praises are justified.

Technician
    For beginners I have highly recommended the Creality 3D CR-10 Mini 3D Printer. Its assembly is simple and only take 10 minutes to install. Its cost is just $549. It may eventually need some maintenance and provide a solid first-time user experience.