Close

Hybrid View

Everyone, thank you so much for your replies.

I asked for a printer that does not need repair because I was certain that after existing for so much time, the end user doesn't need to fiddle with repairing his own printer. I mean, do you repair your computer? Your phone? Your TV?

Anyway, putting that feeling aside, you've convinced me to purchase a DIY printer so I'll go with the Prusa MK2, I understand it's very popular and is part of some open source project called RepRap?

So I'll ask this now - if I choose to purchase the Prusa MK2, what should I do while waiting for it to arrive? What should I learn? How should I learn? Just watch some videos? Download the software(s) and just fiddle with them?
    I saw what curious aardvark wrote but I prefer to do ask anyway, so that I can learn things in a more organized way. Is there some good tutorial that you can recommend which will go from A to Z and will give me a good background before I actually get the printer?

Also, since I'm not American, are there any more discount periods (like black friday/cyber monday) that I should wait for to purchase?

Again, thank you very much.
    Last edited by nettek; 12-03-2018 at 01:29 PM.