Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks interesting - but the only machine I have with marlin is the ctc i3 - and it's hands down the worst firmware on all 5 machines. You can't even load filament with it. Have to do everything through the simplify3d control panel.
    Not sure what firmware is on the mini, it's pretty basic, but works well. Also apparently the version of marlin someone's made for the mini delta doesn't yet work with the mini's wifi.
    Which I will occasionally use for small, quick prints.
    sailfish and repetier are my favourite firmwares. Just give you a lot more choice of things to do directly from the control panel.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Also do you know what version of marlin you are running on your ctc?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I used to play with the Arduino controllers long before 3d printing came around. For car functions. Like I used an Arduino nano and a few 5v relays to make an autolamp module for my car. And I even used a mega to make a full bcm(body control module) for my old Honda. So I was already familiar with the Arduino environment and writing sketches and when I saw marlin I just identified with it. There are newer versions of it that you could use for your old ctc machine. I actually like marlin. I think it is really cool how everything is there and you just uncomment things to activate them or comment them to de activate them. But you never really have to write anything. maybe just change values.