Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the first few layers can look like that if the nozzle is too close to the bed.
    But in your case it's more likely a physical blockage or constriction.

Have you changed or cleaned the nozzle yet ?
    if not - do that :-)
    you've definitely got under extrusion. nine times out of ten it's a feed issue or a partially clogged nozzle.

On bowden printers you can get constrictions in the bowden tube feed system which cause this kind of issue.

what slicer are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the first few layers can look like that if the nozzle is too close to the bed.
    But in your case it's more likely a physical blockage or constriction.

Have you changed or cleaned the nozzle yet ?
    if not - do that :-)
    you've definitely got under extrusion. nine times out of ten it's a feed issue or a partially clogged nozzle.

On bowden printers you can get constrictions in the bowden tube feed system which cause this kind of issue.

what slicer are you using ?
    I cleaned the first nozzle then when it didn't help, I switched it with a new one, which also didn't work.
    I used a thingiverse that worked before. I also tried an online slicer (astroprint) and Cura. they all gave me the same result.

i also thought it might be a Z axis problem so I undid the bolts holding it a little...then I tried tightening them and there's not much difference in either case.

A friend suggested that the stepper drivers might be partially blown and that I should switch the Z one with one of the other two. However I have an Ender 3 and the drivers are attached to the board.
    Maybe it's just a current problem on the motor drivers, I honestly have no good idea as to what it could be.

What are my options?