Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    (looks at picture of printer)
    okay so you've got a weird bowden setup.
    Quite why anyone would make an i3 clone that didn't have a direct drive extruder - is beyond me.
    But they did.
    Heat the hotend up to about 220 and Push the filament through the tube manually and see if there's any resistance at any point.
    Also check the feed cog and wheel on the extruder itself.

People always leap to the 'it's buggered electronics' when usually it's something a lot more mundane.

I already tried pushing the filament out manually to check if there was any resistance and it seems to be fine. The feed cog/wheel also look fine and spin. What exactly am I looking for?

EDIT: Ok, so I tried pushing the filament through the extruder again and I couldn't, then I detached the tube and there was a clump of filament at the bottom (while hot). Maybe the tube wasn't pushed in far enough so that happened?
    I cut the clump off and tried pushing the filament through the tube only and that was a bit harder to push thought at some points but not so hard that it would cause problems. When it was all the way through the tube, moving it was quite easy aka it don't get stuck at any point. Maybe it's the tube that's giving me problems?

I'm doing another print as we speak and I pushed the tube down into the head as far as I could get it. Hope it helps.
    I'll post an update on the print in a couple of min, when it finishes. Btw, I'm using a 220C temp for PLA and heating the bed to 60C.
    Last edited by Crt; 11-26-2018 at 06:50 AM.