Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I'm new to this stuff, but good with tehcnology in general and happy to help with (and be a part of) such a group
    Great well we can always just post to the peachy printer forum and make a disclaimer *resin research project* just so people who don't care about it won't get turned off by chemistry jargon! I'll check but I think there are scattered posts on online forums for resin formulation for 3d printing all over the internet, just not in one place. I'll add to a google drive folder all the publications I find that are useful so that anyone can access it, I'm lucky I get access to tons of journals through the university by just going to their library!

Like I said there is so much already known and freely useable (openly published and expired patents) that we have alot of amazing resins to choose from and use! I'm partial to epoxies because that's one great way to make use of natural resins. There is acrylates too which is used a ton and work amazing! Also styrenes etc. can be used but I'm not sure as of yet how great the strength is compared to epoxies and acrylates. I was looking into Tung oil as well, but it has toxicity untill it fully cures so for children it's probably not really that useful.
    Last edited by amirjabri; 06-14-2014 at 06:26 AM.