Close

Threaded View

The heatbed comes also on the 2nd generation as an option, but the heatbed of the solidoodle's printers is not enough efficient to print real big models, with a thermal camera you can see that there is big temperature's variations all over the bed so when you print big models you can have problems to stick on the bed.
    If you really need to print big models so change the heatbed or try another printer.
    My opininion is: until you are not sure of what you're going to do with a printer and you don't need to print very big models you can save your money and choose the SD2, later you can buy a real bigger printer.
    The Solidoodles prints better after some tunning (2nd and 3rd generation), it's right, but you can print needed parts with it and it's really interresting for a beginner.
    That"s what I made, I began with a SD2, I learned how to make good prints with it for a few month after that I bought a Rostock Max to print better quality and bigger models, the money I saved by choosing the SD2 has been used to buy the rostock.
    I think that if you want to learn electric guitar you are not going to buy a Les Pauls that cost 3000 or 4000 $ but a 200 or 400 $ model, the day you know how to play you can buy a better one.
    It's only my opinion of course but i think it's a better way like that
    Last edited by Mcbride19; 11-03-2013 at 01:48 AM.