Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Was that supposed to be a kick? I pretty much expected to see airborne given the global stage they were giving the technology, not a tiny roll, which swinging a cane would have done better.

Seeing what looked like a support vehicle doesn't help my impression.
    Last edited by JRDM; 06-12-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    Was that supposed to be a kick? I pretty much expected to see airborne given the stage they were giving the technology, not a tiny roll, which swinging a cane would have done better.

Seeing what looked like a support vehicle doesn't help my impression.
    Yeah... Like this is all good and fine... But they could have even done a 1 time thing where some spring loaded joint does a massive hard core kick. But that is OK.... Things are moving forward...

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yeah... Like this is all good and fine... But they could have even done a 1 time thing where some spring loaded joint does a massive hard core kick. But that is OK.... Things are moving forward...
    Well, seeing the various walking machine research DARPA has funded, among other research projects, I was hoping they'd show off a spin-off of something like those. It just seemed like a very sad showing given the YouTube videos of lots of neat research in balancing & walking machines out there.
    Last edited by JRDM; 06-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.