Close

Hybrid View

Student
    I'll try cutting it at an angle. I went over the guide you put up Geoff and turned it up to 245 degrees and still nothing. Pushed down through the clicking and nothing. Only other thing I can think about is the whole taking it apart and drilling it but I'm too new to all this stuff and do t want to break it. Shame..only a week old and spent more time fixing it than using it. Lol still ill keep trying and hopefully something will work.

Thanks again for the response

gav

Student
    Sorry Geoff. I didnt answer the question regarding the temp of the PLA. With the PLA that came with the printer, I've went through all the settings and I find that 110degrees bed and 220 degrees extruder temp gives me very good prints. From what I read though you don't need the bed temp that high but even with Kapton and painters tape it didnt stick until around 110 degrees on the plate.

I'm about to try and figure out why the PLA extrudes at 230 degrees up to 245 for unloading but it won't grab it to load. Seems a bit strange because a blockage would stop any coming out for unloading and unloading pulls it through fine. It may be a software deal though.

I can't find where to reduce the bed temperature in ReplicatorG to try another PLA but Makerware has it onscreen but Makerware seems like it could kill the heads on my nozzles (that didn't sound right by ramming them across the build plate which Isn't a fun thing to watch.

I'll update if I can fix this and hopefully help others

Student
    Ok so now the extruder that unloaded has now stopped unloading and wont take the PLA through but "clicks" all the time. I've tried some force, put the temp up to 245 as suggested and tbh, I'm way too new to take this thing apart after the 1st week. Are all printers this hard to use at the start? It seems like a lot of money on something to have worked for 5 minutes and I am/was prepared to fiddle around to get things working as i know these things are DIY but I just thoght I'd get more use out of it before I had to take the thing apart. Is this a normal printer or have I bought one with issues do you think?

Thanks guys